Sunday 11 August 2013

Dogs...

I'd gathered that dogs were...erm, an issue in Romania but I had no idea of quite how many there were.  They are everywhere, singly or in roaming packs.

I gather from a colleague that they love chasing cyclists so you need to be well armed when cycling - with a repellent spray ideally.  You see them mostly in the towns or villages (not surprisingly) but occasionally miles away from houses, walking exhausted along the side of the road in the heat of the day.

Then there are the dead ones...I suppose it's survival of the fittest (or fastest).  Flat(ish) on the road or bloated with legs in the air on the side....

Drive on...they're past help.

On the positive side, I have seen 2-3 dog rescue centres which, I assume, try to alleviate the problem probably through sterilization but they have their work cut out for them.

Next time our dog is looking miserable 'cos she's gone off Chappie dog food with added chicken and vitamins, I'll point out a few facts to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment