Monday 17 August 2015

My favourite subject - nuclear plant toilet facilities

Sorry to go back to this but the 'facilities' in our office block intrigue me.

I already went on about the paper quality in a previous post.  That was the start.

I hate to admit this in case my colleagues read this but I used to fill up the coffee machine from the hand basins in the bathroom.  All was well until suddenly up went a sign telling us not to drink the water. Oops.

The second development was a report that, since our block was largely inhabited by contractors (as I am) then the plant was going to buy cheaper toilet paper to save money.  This seemed odd on the basis that (a) it seemed a bizarre way to save money on a plant rated at 1.4 GW of power per day and (b) any lowering of quality would be quite an achievement in itself.  Suffice to say, the 1-molecule-thick paper hasn't shown up yet....

Thirdly, while we all have to lock our offices at night (good idea due to computers etc.) I can't figure out why the cleaners also lock up the toilets.  What are they worried out being stolen?  If you work late, it can become a bit inconvenient.

OK, subject closed. Never to be returned to.  Probably. Or I could go on about Kozloduy NPP....

No comments:

Post a Comment